- 1/2 C coconut flour
- 1/4 C tapioca flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 C beer (or seltzer water)
- 4 tilapia fillets, cut in half
- coconut or olive oil, for frying
Heat 1C oil in a pan over med-high.
Combine batter ingredients in a dish.
Coat tilapia fillets, and fry 3-4 minutes per side, in small batches.
Drain on paper towels.
I like to serve my fish with lemon, or vinegar, and Memere’s Zucchini Casserole.
My grandmother is an amazing cook. One of the best things she makes is zucchini casserole. I request this whenever we get together for my birthday. Its deliciously comforting. Its not entirely paleo, so I have tweaked it a little, and the end result is just as perfectly delicious.
Memere’s Zucchini Casserole
- 4 C grated zucchini
- 1/2 C grated onion
- 2 TB coconut or olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 C crushed pork rinds
- Preheat oven to 350
- Saute zucchini and onion in oil about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- In a large bowl combine egg, cheese, and pork rinds. mix in zucchinni.
- transfer to baking dish, and cook 30 min.