I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! One of our family traditions is to go around the table and say what we are thankful for. Of course, I said I was thankful for my beautiful family, my incredible husband who supports me in every way possible, for having such a close-knit family that always gets together for every occasion, no matter how small… and this year I was especially thankful to eat an entire Thanksgiving meal without getting sick! The food was all outstanding, and all of my non-paleo family members LOVED each one of my dishes. My Ginger Snaps and Pumpkin Dip were a huge hit. So was this perfect Paleo Pecan Pie.
For my pie, I used this crust from Elana’s Pantry. Her crust is fantastic. I like to stick with what works.
Paleo Pecan Pie
- Crust (uncooked)
- 2 C chopped pecans
- 1 C “Just Like Sugar”**
- 2 TB coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C honey
- 1/3 C melted butter (you may sub coconut oil, ghee, or lard)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a 9in pie dish, and pres crust into dish.
- Arrange chopped pecans over crust
- Leaving the eggs aside, combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together with eggs.
- Pour mixture over the pecans.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Cool before serving.