Creamed Spinach is one of my favorite side dishes. I make it for myself quite frequently. However, I have a hard time getting my husband to eat it. So I decided to stuff it inside some chicken breasts and see what happened. Problem Solved! He ate every last bite. And I loved it even more inside my chicken than I do all by itself.
Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin
- 4 cups raw spinach
- 1 TB olive or coconut oil
- 1 TB minced onions
- 1/4 C raw dairy cream (coconut cream for dairy-free)
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- 1 TB grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat your oil to medium.
- Add minced onions and spinach, toss until wilted.
- Add cream, raise heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once your chicken breasts have been butterflied, and pounded thin, place them in a glass baking dish.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spoon half of your creamed spinach onto each chicken breast.
- Roll and secure with toothpicks.
- (This part is messy, but just stuff the spinach back in. The sauce will spill out, this is good.)
- Add a little more pepper on top, and bake at 450 for 30 minutes.
- If desired, add 1 TB grated parmesan cheese on top and broil just a few seconds until browned.
The left over gravy in the bottom of the pan is EXCELLENT on top of my Parsnip Puree.