On a day like yesterday, when I had to take a little trip to the ER, and not return until after 8pm, I was VERY thankful to have thrown together this delicious meal in the crock pot at lunch time.
Don’t worry, I’m fine. It just turns out that I had some deficiencies, which were making me feel like I could just fall over any second. This baby is sucking up all of my good stuff!
So after a long day spent in the hospital, it was super satisfying to come home to a meal already cooked and waiting for me. And boy was it good! Obviously, I was not in the mood to get out all my fancy photo props and whatnot, so I do apologize for the boring and not so pretty picture.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (or if you tolerate raw dairy, 1 C cream and 1/2 C milk)
- 4 TB butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Chives to garnish
- Add mushrooms, milk, and butter to crock pot.
- Pierce squash all over with a fork and place in crock pot.
- Cook on low 8 hrs or high 6 hrs
- Carefully remove spaghetti squash and cut in half. Remove seeds and pulp. (it should separate effortlessly from the meat of the squash
- Scrape the “noodles” out into your serving dishes
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste and spoon over spaghetti squash. top with fresh chives.