This dish utilizes such a beautiful marriage of flavors that I personally have never thought to use together. Just as many spectacular recipes are created, this one was thrown together in a pinch. Using ingredients I happened to have on hand, this soup turned out to be delectable! I started out with some of my own favorite flavors, and then toward the end I incorporated some of my husband’s choice ingredients.
I am still blown away by the result. I stepped way outside of my comfort zone on this one, and I am so pleased that I did. The whole family slurped it down! I hope your family loves it as much as mine did.
Cilantro Lime Coconut Shrimp Soup
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked peeled and deveined.
- 3 cans of coconut milk
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 C chopped red onions
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 C water-chestnuts
- 1 C chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lime and extra cilantro to garnish
- Heat your coconut and sesame oil in a large pot over medium high
- Add shrimp to the pot and sprinkle on a little salt and pepper
- Toss around for a few minutes, just to get a quick sear, and then with a slotted spoon, remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook until browned, just a couple of minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Return shrimp to pot and stir.
- Serve with lime slices and extra cilantro.