I started thinking in the direction of making a paleo turkey artichoke panini….but bread really is not my thing. Actually, baking is really not my thing. At all. So I will save that for a day when I am feeling truly ambitious. As for now, I decided a casserole would be much easier. And everyone loves easy, right? Right.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- 2 Chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 16oz package of fresh spinach
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C parmesan cheese (Omit for dairy-free)
- 1 C paleo mayo
- 1/2 C coconut cream (or raw dairy cream)
- 1/2 C crushed pork rinds
- 4 TB olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large pot, heat 2 TB oil over medium-high.
- Add onions and garlic, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining oil and spinach.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes, tossing occasionally, until wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream, mayo, and 1/2 C parmesan cheese.
- Stir in chicken and seasonings, and transfer to baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine pork rinds with remaining parmesan cheese, and spread on top.
- Increase heat to 400 and broil for 10 minutes.
I imagine this would make a great Spinach Artichoke Dip, if you just leave out the chicken. (which is what I was going to use it for in the first place)
I have not tried it yet without the cheese, but when I do, I will probably add in an egg to act as a binding agent….I think it would be a bit watery otherwise.