This hash is a great way to use up leftover steak, and an excellent source of iron and potassium, which I personally have been a little low on throughout this pregnancy.
Steak and Potato Breakfast Hash
- 1/2 lb leftover steak, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 C onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 TB butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- Add potatoes to a large skillet, and cover with water, about 1/2 in.
- Cover and cook over medium-high about 3 minutes, until tender.
- Drain water. Add butter, steak, and onions to pan.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook about 3 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- In the same pan, cook eggs as desired. (I recommend leaving the yolk a little runny, as it creates a wonderful sauce when broken over the hash.)
If you don’t happen to have leftover steak stashed away, just dice up some raw steak and toss in the pan for a few minutes until browned, then set aside and continue from the beginning.