It’s finally s’more season! Around these parts, cool weather is highly anticipated. Nothing is better about country living than spending the evening out in the yard gathered around a bonfire. We sit, relax, tell stories, play games, and roast marshmallows. And of course, you can not fully appreciate a roasted marshmallow until you’ve nestled it between two graham crackers and a Hershey bar. Pure bliss.
Rather than deprive myself while the rest of the family enjoys the messy goodness, I just whipped up a batch of gluten free graham crackers to indulge right along with them. They turned out so yummy, and being gluten and refined sugar free, are so much better for you. So I just did away with the store-bought all together. My daughter really loved them, and wanted to make some “baby graham crackers” for her and her sister. So we broke out our beloved Funbites cutter and made a whole batch of minis just for them.
These are perfect for packing up to take with us on the go. We have also had probably way too much fun creating other fun treats with them. I’ll be sharing those over the next few days. You are going to want to make sure you have these babies ready! You and your kids will have a blast making their very own bite-sized graham cracker cookies!
- 2½ C gluten free baking flour*
- 1 C coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick cold butter, sliced
- ⅓ C honey
- ⅓ C milk
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350.
- In a stand mixer or food processor, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add butter and mix until combined.
- Add honey, milk, and vanilla and mix until a ball is formed.
- Divide dough in half and chill 1 hour.
- Place dough between two sheets of parchment and onto a baking sheet.
- Roll dough to about ⅛ of an inch thickness.
- Remove top sheet of parchment and cut with your Funbites square cutter. (you can also use a pizza cutter)
- Poke 1 or 2 holes into each square.
- Cook 15- 20 minutes until edges turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking apart.