I had a severe craving for some pizza this past weekend. My husband has been wanting some too, but we both knew that we would feel awful afterwards. So I decided to infuse my favorite pizza flavors into some chicken instead. It turned out exactly how I had hoped.
All it took was a simple marinade, and the chicken just soaked up all that pizza flavored goodness. They cooked up beautifully on the grill, and were ready to eat in 10 minutes. I served it with some parmesan roasted potatoes and a caprese salad, to tie all those flavors together for a delicious meal!
- 1-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 roma tomatoes
- ½ c fresh basil (+more for garnish)
- 2 TB minced garlic
- ½ C olive oil
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Blend tomatoes, basil, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- In a large dish, pour marinade over chicken and chill at least an hour. (the longer the better)
- Heat grill to 400 on medium-high.
- Add chicken to grill and cook 10 minutes, turning once.
- (Chicken is done when thermometer inserted reads 165)
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil