Fall is here. But rather than obsess over pumpkin and spice, I have been drawn to cranberries so far this year. They are beautiful, and I love their sweet tartness. They were a wonderful accompaniment to this pork tenderloin I picked up at Kroger for under five bucks. Made for one easy, low budget Monday night dinner.
- 1 bag cranberries, rinsed
- 1 C water
- 1 C “Just Like Sugar”
- Add water and sugar to a medium sauce pan, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently
- Add cranberries, and return to a boil
- Reduce heat and boil 10 minutes
- Place colander over bowl, and strain cranberries, pressing with the back of a spoon.
- Chill 15 minutes, or until needed
Cranberry Glazed Pork Tenderloin:
- 1 Pork Tenderloin
- 1 recipe cranberry glaze
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place pork in a glass baking dish or roasting pan, and season with salt and pepper. I was generous with the pepper.
- Cook 15 minutes, and turn.
- Brush pork with 1/2 cranberry glaze, and cook 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining glaze, and cook 10-15 minutes more, until internal temperature reaches 145
- Rest 5 minutes before slicing.